Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Doug Booth

 

 

Greetings to the Liberated Boomer Community,

 

It’s been a long time.

Churne will be dearly missed.

I’m still up in the North Bronx where I’ve been for

the last 28 years.

A big thanks to Phil Bingham and Ron Mitchell for reconnecting.

The pictures from the old IVCF and Soul Lib’ days

are absolutely priceless and bring back many fond

memories.

Please keep me posted . . .

Doug Booth - composer, producer, multi-instrumentalist

A native New Yorker and graduate of Adelphi University, Doug studied theory and composition with Berg Kalahian, bass with Lucille Dixon and Richard Davis, and audio recording at The Center for Media Arts. As a songwriter, he formed long-term collaborations with two legendary greats: Gene McFadden and Sekou Sundiata.

His performance and writing credits include: Odyssey, Gwen MacRae, Carla Thomas, B.B. King, Bobbi Humphrey, The Blues Mob, Lilo, and Cold Sweat.

His theater credits include: Elijah The African, Aaron Davis Hall; The Mystery of Love, The American Music Theater Festival; The Best of Both Worlds, Julia Miles Theater.

His composition and production credits include: Sekou Sundiata’s Grammy award nominated The Blue Oneness of Dreams, and The Mystery of Love; Melba Moore’s I Can’t Complain, This Time, Test of Time, and Hold Me; Freddy Jackson’s If You Don’t Know Me By Now, It’s Gonna Take a Long, Long Time, and Yes I Need You.

Doug is currently on the faculty of The Brooklyn-Queens Conservatory of Music and is working on a new musical theater piece entitled The Makeover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good seeing you. I wish we had time to talk. I have more oldie but goldie photos if I ever get my scanner to cooperate. I'll give more of them to Phil to post on the blog. Glad you enjoyed them.

Anonymous said...

You have made my day with these pictures of Doug and a profile on what's happened to him over the past 30 years.  Thanks

Hope